23/07/2011

PBSC - Starburst!

Good Morning!
This week at PBSC our theme is Starburst! I was a little stuck for this as I don't use stars on my work that often so I had to ponder over this theme for a while lol In the end I remembered that I had a stamp unused that would fit the Challenge. I used a technique of Heat Embossing on this card and decided to create my on Design Paper!
Unfortunately it was such a pain to photograph so it doesn't quite catch it all properly! I used 3 different Embossing powders - Gold, Silver Pearl & Clear along with a Black Inkpad.
Here is a piccie of the Design Paper before I cut it up for the card:


I think this would make a great paper for a contemporary male christmas card.

This card fits the Challenges at:
PAPER SUNDAES - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
CUPCAKE CRAFT - WISH UPON A STAR
CUTE CARD THURSDAY - FOR HIS EYES ONLY
STAMP SOMETHING - EMBELLISH IT
(You may of noticed that Dew Drops are one of my all-time fave embellishments!)

If you double-click the photo you should be able to see the lighter stamped layers better.



RECIPE:
PB Stamps
Embossing Powders by Heat It Up
Dew Drops & Ribbon from Stash

Thanks for Popping by & I hope you can play along!
Happy Crafting!
xxx

13 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Nat this is fab and how strange just dug my embossing powder out and finished a card doing something with mine as a paper. maybe we could start a tend of retro crafts. Loving the stamp and would be perfect for a male card.

jenny said...

Fabulous card Nat....I love the designer paper you created! The embossing looks great x

Jenny xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Love this weeks card Nat, brilliant effect with the embossing,

Liz x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Nat and fabulous to make your own backing paper,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Natalie, love it!
Teresa xx

Joey said...

Nat this is gorgeous, a beautiful paper, thats a great stamp. Joey x

Helen said...

Fabulous card Nat - love how you embossed in the different colours!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty
Hugs Julie P

Faye said...

This is such a fab Christmas card and I luuuurve the colours. Thanks so much for playing at Paper Sundaes this week. x

Faye said...

DOH! Thanks also for playing at Cupcake. xx

Brodders said...

A lovely Christmas card :) Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake and good luck x

Unknown said...

Wow!! This is such an elegant card! Love all the stars! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Linda said...

Hi Nat I love the clean and simple style of your card love Linda